Monday, June 22, 2009

Simple as ABC

Wow! What a wonderful start to our summer! It finally feels like summer! My picture from June 17th looks like this....we have had LOTS of rain. Wonderful for my plants and flowers. Not so fun for 2 kiddies who want to get in their pool and play! But, thankfully it has warmed up!

OK. I had an idea. I have gotten a wee bit behind in my 365 project. Still taking pictures, but have gotten a bit behind in my journaling cards. So...I had a brainstorm. I'm going to do my summer pictures a little different. The ABC's of summer will be showcased for a little while. Assigning a letter to the various activities we are doing this summer. I will probably still take lots of pictures and maybe even do a little "traditional 365" in there too. But, this takes a little pressure off.
Still keeping the date associated with the picture and still taking pictures of our everyday life.
Except now it's just a bit more to the point. Nothing fancy. Just life. I did the editing in Photoshop. Just created a couple of layers. Reduced the opacity for the main letters to about 54% and moved the remaining journaling around until it looked OK. I'm not into perfect these days. Just into doing it!

I want to remember this summer, but I don't want to spend so much time worrying about HOW I'm going to remember it (picture taking, journaling, keeping up with documenting it!)
Have fun.

Live Today!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment