Monday, May 4, 2009

Mostly journaling


This is my very first journal that I received on my 14th birthday. I will be 34 in October, so I have been journaling for almost 20 years. This is my very first entry. I love to look back and see what I was thinking 20 years ago. More importantly, my children might find some amusement in looking at these later on in life.


I have read so many stories about how people react when they find out that there is a possibility that they might not be able to tell their children how much they love them or what they thought about life! I find it very interesting that when you don't have lots of time, you aren't worried about "things"...you just want your family to know how much you love them! I am so thankful that I have a spot reserved for them. Pictures are great and I really think that they will always love the scrapbooks...But, in my journals I talk about all kinds of things.


My journals are ongoing letters to my children. (I keep a journal for me and one for each of my children) I don't write in them every day or every week even. Sometimes I will go for a month or two and not write anything. Or sometimes I'll write in them several times in a week. Sometimes a couple of sentences, sometimes a couple of pages. Just depends on what is on my mind. I try to write down the cute things they are doing and saying at any given time. I also try to talk about values and things that I hold close to my heart.

Never EVER think that you don't have anything to say. If you are breathing oxygen right now, you have something to say. I dare you to just start writing. It doesn't have to make sense and you don't even have to be "interesting". Just start. Buy a journal at Target or Wal-Mart, open the book, put the date on the top line and just start writing. You really will shock yourself at how easy it is and how much you will enjoy it once you start. And think of it as a gift to your family.

This is my trunk that lives at the foot of our bed. This is a peak at all the journals I have kept over the last 20 years or so...

On another journaling note....I have taken the "Project 365" challenge. This is where I got so many ideas on how I want to scrapbook from now on. I don't want to forget our everyday life that is so wonderful and worth remembering. If you want to see where it all originated go HERE.
This is my picture for today. My husband is doing such a wonderful job of getting our little yard to go from dirt and drab to beautiful and green.

Your life is worth remembering....ALL of it!
Live Today!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment