Tuesday, August 25, 2009

TURN IT OFF & hold it!!!

I have learned so much over the last year or so from various blogs that I frequent. There is a common thread among most of what I'm reading....natural! Some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen are those where the subject is completely oblivious to a camera anywhere close. Since most of my pictures have people in them, I have really tried to be more transparent with the camera. The number one best trick I have learned is to TURN THE FLASH OFF!!! Granted there are some instances where it must be used. But, most of the time it will not be missed. Even indoorsHere are some pics that were taken indoors without a flash. I really love natural lighting, even if it isn't the greatest!

This is a picture that was taken indoors at a museum. Virtually no light anywhere, so the flash was used. We look a bit on the illuminated side but if we didn't use the flash then you wouldn't have known we were standing in front of the chocolate exhibit...(and we don't want to forget that wonderful day!!).
Last but not least, one more parting piece of advice...hold your breath. I have no idea where I read that. But, I got it from somewhere and I do it all the time now. Especially when I'm taking indoor pictures with low light. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the picture without too much fuzziness. But, it has helped considerably. It really does help! Even if you don't have a fancy SLR, you CAN take great pictures!

Live Today.
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment