Sunday, August 9, 2009

keeping it real....

My dad came in to see his girls, grandbabies and even the son-in-laws. What a wonderful time we had. The time I get to spend with my mom and dad is precious, it doesn't get to happen often enough. Many times in the past, we have found ourselves taking lots of "posed" shots. Ever since I started Project 365, I have been thinking twice about the pictures that truly capture our lives. I mentally decided to take more pictures of dad and the kids without them even knowing I had a camera in my hand. I didn't want to say, "look up here". I wanted the lense to capture their expressions and the bonding.When I look at the pictures I have, I can hear the laughs and the conversations. I can even smell the delicious food we ate at Chang's...

Another evening we were driving and R and D were having a nice father-son conversation. I don't even remember what they were talking about. What I do remember is D having his hand up explaining something and R instinctively placing his in his daddy's. I have never grabbed my camera so fast. Thank heavens it was sitting right next to me in my purse...(love the point and shoots for that!)
This is a picture that I would never EVER try to create. The fact that it was such a natural thing is what makes it priceless to me!

Last but not least..wanted to share something I did for my P365. We all have days that seem endless. The list of things to do is mind boggling. Most of the things on my lists aren't even life changing. But, they are still part of my life and things that are important to my family. Here is a card that went straight into my book back on July 24th.
Needless to say I couldn't even fit it onto a 4x6 card. So, I took a piece of 12x12 cardstock (mine happend to be lined to resemble notebook paper) and trimmed it down to 4x12. Journaled and embellished it. Then I folded it vertically 2 times so it would fit into my 4x6 slot. Now I will always remember the little things that added up to be a very full day!

Live today!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment