Friday, March 13, 2009

Blueberries For Sal


I have been so happy with the teacher's my kids have this year. They are both having so much fun. R's teacher is calm and orderly, but she LOVES those kids and they love her back! H's teacher is very hands on and wide open. He has a record player that is a very important part of their day. Every afternoon right before dismissal he plays records from all genres and time periods. The kids get to rate the artist with a thumb's up or thumb's down.

Today I was so happy to be able to participate in the activities R was doing with blueberries. They read, "Blueberries for Sal" by Robert McCloskey recently and decided to spend today feasting on all things blueberry. The card above is going straight into my album. This is an example of what I'm going to be teaching in my, "In a Minute" class. Scrapbooking doesn't have to take hours and hours. You don't even have to have a picture. When I look at this card, R and I will vividly remember this morning and the silly things we talked about all gathered around the griddle. I did find out that A. loves spinach just like I do and Ad. had 5 bowls of cereal before he came to school today and yet still managed 2 big blueberry pancakes.:) Oh...and Al. cooked s'mores over her fire pit last night, but her brother didn't like the fire so he went inside. Have a wonderful weekend!
Live Today!
Dawn
PS. Not sure why I look so unhappy in the photo. I guess it's difficult to smile at a teeny tiny camera sitting in front of a generic sign-in computer in the front office at school. One day I'm going to bust out into a crazy pose or something. :)

1 comment:

  1. We love this book! Actually we love all of Robert McCloskey's books! Fun stuff. Love your website, Dawn!
    Love,
    Liz C. from WA

    ReplyDelete