Friday, March 6, 2009

Her name is Angela

Almost 3 years ago, my family and I made a big move. We had been in Raleigh for over 8 years. Our roots got pretty deep. So, moving was a big adjustment. We were so fortunate to move to a nice, safe area. However, this area was very different than what we had come from. We now live in a very rural area and spend alot of time at home. I knew NO ONE! Several months after we moved in we finally got next door neighbors....YAHHHHHH! They didn't have children, but they seemed very nice. Her name is Angela. It took Angela and I several months to really get to know one another, but very soon I realized she would be a friend for life! She is an amazing woman. She is a very kindred spirit. I could tell many stories of the fun we had. But, that is not the point. The point is we got to be really good friends and this past July her and her husband were transferred. Angela came to Springdale with a dog and 2 cats. She left our neighborhood with 3 daughters, a whole litter of "kiddies", a dog and a cat
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't look at her house and miss her terribly! If there is someone in your life that you can call or better yet hug, do it! Life is so short and sometimes we don't take the time to drink in the beautiful little parts!
Angela's husband is really into kites. We spent many a day out in the street "helping" him with the kites. This was serious stuff! One day though the string snapped and one of his kites ended up in my neighbors' tree. It is still there today.
I walk quite a bit and every day I look for that kite, that little reminder of my wonderful friend. It is so good to have a friend like that and be able to remember all the fun memories! Yes, this is in my scrapbook, it's all part of my story! I miss you Angela! I think I'm going to go call Angela.
Live Today,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment